Happy Wellness Wednesday, friends! Hope you’re doing well and feeling great! If you paid attention to my Instagram stories this week, you know that I did a liver and gallbladder cleanse! I’ve been having some discomfort in that area for a long time, and I know my liver has been sluggish because I get headaches a lot and when I do treatments to kill pathogens I have a really hard time detoxing. So, I talked with one of my practitioners and he recommended doing the Liver/Gallbladder Flush from Hulda Clark! (If you haven’t read her book “The Cure for All Diseases” I highly recommend it!) He told me that he had passed around 2,000 small stones in 3 total cleanses (I saw the pictures)!!
Having gallstones can cause pain in the upper abdomen, bursitis, allergies, indigestion, and a sluggish liver to name a few. I have all of the above, so I knew I needed to do this cleanse. I just finished it yesterday, and I passed probably around 1,000 little stones. The cleanse itself isn’t that bad. You just need to give yourself two days where you can be at home. Or, at least one and half. It’s not painful, and it’s not harmful to your body. The stones are actually pretty soft and they come out of the back-end, not like kidney stones that exit through urine. I didn’t feel them at all. The best part about this cleanse is that it is really easy, and really CHEAP to do!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 Cups of Clean Water
- 4 Tablespoons of Epsom Salt
- 2 Large Grapefruit (can substitute lemons if you like – at least 1/2 cup full of freshly squeezed juice, not from a bottle)
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Walnut Extract
- L-Ornithine or other sleeping aid
To get started, the night before, eat a fat-free, no protein meal. This helps to build up bile and pressure in the liver. The more pressure, the more stones you release! So, for dinner, I ate a sweet potato with some steamed spinach and fat free organic salsa.
The next day, you also eat a fat free and protein free breakfast and lunch. I had some oatmeal cooked in water and some fruit. You cannot eat or drink anything after 2PM! You’ll probably be hungry around 6:00PM, but you’ll be starting the cleanse then and don’t worry, you won’t be hungry for the next 24 hours once you start. Even after the time I was allowed to eat, all I wanted was water. You will want to take food slowly afterwards.
Here are the instructions:
- 2:00 PM: Stop eating and drinking. Mix your 3 cups of water in a jar with the 4 tablespoons of Epsom salt, shake well, and place it in the refrigerator. Pour the 1/2 cup of olive oil into a jar, and set on your counter. Go relax for the next four hours and try not to think about food or water, LOL!
- 6:00 PM: Take out your jar of water and Epsom salt and pour 3/4 of a cup into a glass. Drink it up quickly! You can rinse your mouth with water and spit it out, or take a small sip of water. After you do this, you will need to use the bathroom relatively soon. The Epsom salt and water mixture is a laxative to flush out your colon so that when you pass the stones they can exit your body completely and not get stuck. So, be prepared to be in your bathroom a lot at this point!
- 8:00 PM: Pour another 3/4 cup of the Epsom salt and water mixture into a glass and drink immediately. Take the grapefruit out of the fridge to warm up. Then, get yourself ready for bed, because the next step at 10:00 PM will be your last for the day, and you must lay down and go to sleep immediately after drinking it. This is crucial to success!
- 9:40PM: Go to the restroom for the last time. Then, go and slice your grapefruit in half and squeeze it into a measuring cup. Do this with both grapefruit. Take a fork and lift out all of the pulp that has snuck into the cup. You should have at least 1/2 cup. Now, pour this into the jar with the olive oil. Then, add 3 droppers full of Black Walnut tincture. Shake vigorously until it becomes watery. It’s easiest to get down with a straw if you have one. Take this drink up to your bed. Don’t worry about cleaning the kitchen, you can do that tomorrow. It is imperative that you lay down immediately after drinking this mixture.
- 10:00 PM: When you get to your bedside, take out your L-Ornithine or other sleeping aid. Take a few sips of the grapefruit and olive oil mixture, and then take your sleep aid and wash it down with the rest of the mixture. Lay on your bed on your back and do your best to fall asleep! You need to sleep to be able to pass the stones. If you absolutely have to get up to go to the bathroom, wait at least an hour and a half before doing so. But, don’t keep going to the bathroom, go back to bed and get to sleep! Rest up, because tomorrow is another big day!
- 6:00 AM or AFTER: You must not do this step before 6AM. Take your Epsom salt and water mixture out of the fridge and pour another 3/4 cup into a glass and drink it quickly. You will need to use the restroom at this point, if you haven’t already. If you want to take your stones out of the toilet, have a small strainer with a handle ready and a plastic bowl to put them in. If you don’t care about showing off your prized stones, feel free to flush them, LOL! You can go back to bed afterwards.
- 8:00 AM (or two hours after the previous dose of Epsom salt and water): Take your last dose of the Epsom salt and water mixture. This assures that the stones are going to be flushed out.
- 10:00 AM (or two hours after your last dose of water and epsom salt mixture): You may now drink water. You can also start with some fruit juice. You want to go gently with food, so start with the juice first, then two hours later, have some fruit. By the evening, you should be feeling better and be able to have a light dinner.
I was passing stones until about two hours after my last dose of the water and epsom salt mixture. You will probably continue to need to use the restroom throughout the day even after you are done passing them, so don’t be surprised by that. This is why it’s recommended to do on your days off!
I followed these instructions exactly and had great success with this cleanse! It is suggested that you repeat it until you have passed approximately 2,000 stones. But, you need to wait at least 2 weeks in between cleanses. I’ll be doing another one soon to make sure that I’ve passed all of the stones.
My practitioner recommends that I also do 3 water enemas in a row of 1 cup of water each time, the following day after you finish the cleanse. This is to make sure that you don’t have any stones stuck in the intestinal tract. This is not mentioned by Hulda Clark to my knowledge, but I don’t disagree that it’s a good idea. The stones are toxic and you do not want them lingering in your body! If you have never done an enema before, I recommend looking it up on YouTube. It’s absolutely not my favorite thing to do, but they have helped me to detox in difficult times and can be very beneficial. Not something to do very often, but if you are doing a cleanse like this, or detoxing from Lyme Disease, or other pathogens, they can definitely help you to feel better.
My practitioner also recommends to take two doses of a teaspoon of Colloidal Silver, a few drops of Iodine, and a dropper full of Venus Fly Trap the day that you finish the cleanse. This will help to kill off any bacteria and viruses that may have been released from the stones while traveling through your system.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me, message on social media, or leave a comment below! As always, this is not medical advice. Please seek professional help from a qualified practitioner if you are having serious problems. Many people do this cleanse at home safely, but I am not a doctor, so please seek help from a practitioner if you need to.
If you are sick, please do talk to a holistic practitioner before doing it because there were definitely times where I was too sensitive and weak to do this cleanse. It’s the day after and I am experiencing some of a flare-up of symptoms. I almost always do from a detox. But, just be on the safe side and talk to your holistic doctor first.
I would love to hear if you decide to do the cleanse and how your results were! Have a great rest of your week! 🙂