Happy Wednesday, babes! I am so excited to finally be sharing about Gia Minerals with you! I’ve had this collaboration in the wings for a bit now, and it feels so good to be shouting out about this fabulous clean beauty brand!
So, first I want to take a minute to talk to you about collaborations. As a blogger, you get a lot of messages sent your way from different brands wanting you to promote their products. I can tell you with 100% honesty that I do not accept most of them. Sure, it’d be great to have a bunch of free stuff, but if it is not something that I would actually use in my day to day life, or something that I think would be useful or helpful to my readers and followers, I promise you I do not accept it. I would never want to lead anyone astray or cause harm in any way. I also do not want to waste your time or mine! So, please know that if I ever post about a particular brand or product, it is something that I myself love, use, and am really excited about!
That being, said, I actually stumbled upon Gia Minerals myself! I subscribe to a monthly clean beauty box. In that box they send you samples of different non toxic products like makeup, skincare, and sometimes supplements. In one of my last few boxes, I received a Gia Minerals Luminizer called “Candlelight”. As you might know, finding clean beauty products that look and perform like the chemical laden ones can be a difficult task. But, when I tried on this highlighting luminizer, I was FLOORED! It is seriously better than any conventional beauty brand I have ever tried! It has the perfect golden glow to it without being full of pieces of glitter that get all over your face! It has some serious glow to it, I can see why they named it “Candlelight”! If you watch my Instagram stories, you probably saw me freaking out over it when I first tried it out, I tagged Gia Minerals in that story, and then to my delight they messaged me and asked if I would like to be a part of their “Embrace Your Mantra” beauty campaign! Ummmm…. how do I say yes a million times?! I love this campaign because it is all about empowering women to see the unique beauty within themselves! It’s about embracing every part of yourself and loving it. Here’s a bit of what the founder of Gia Minerals says about the campaign herself…
“I want to help women to move forward in A BEAUTY REVOLUTION to Embrace their Mantra. I want them to use the power of clean cosmetics / skin care like Gia Minerals to express what they have embraced and maintain a balance of good thoughts. I want every woman to be in love with who they are and all their attributes…
The campaign A BEAUTY REVOLUTION – Embrace Your Beauty will define the link between self-confidence and how makeup / skin care can be used as a tool to distinguish ourselves and each other because flaws are beautiful and heck yes it’s about time we celebrate them. I want women to start using strong statements looking in the mirror and truly loving what they see… appreciating what they see.”
How awesome is that?! I love being a part of anything that empowers women and helps them see the beauty within them! So, I got to choose some products that capture the look of my own personal beauty mantra! My mantra is: I AM RESILIENT. If you have read my blog before, you know that I’ve had a long road with chronic illness. I’ve been to some pretty dark places physically and emotionally. Yet, every time I’ve been able to dig deep within myself and find the strength to pull myself up and make a comeback! It’s made me so much stronger and shown me how much courage I truly do possess. Life throws us some pretty wicked obstacles. We can either choose to let them make us bitter or make us better. I choose better every time. I hope you do, too!
After receiving the new products and trying them out, I am still so impressed with this company! The pigments are amazing and they lasted all day! They have so many shadow colors, blushes, lipsticks, highlighters, and more to choose from. I was also especially pleased with their mascara! The mascara lengthens and thickens and looks amazing. It’s also so easy to remove. The lipstick is super creamy! I love that there are different kinds of eyeshadows to choose from. I chose a really glittery one for fun nights out and one that’s a little less sparkly for a more casual look, too.
Along with choosing the products, I was asked to answer some questions about myself and my beauty mantra.
- Tell us who you are? My name is Kelly Bonner-Bibza. I am a lifestyle blogger who loves fashion, clean beauty, clean eating, and travel! I am a wife, a fur mom, and woman on a mission to find complete wellness. I have had chronic Lyme disease, autoimmune disease, and other chronic illnesses for several years, and have found help and healing through holistic methods. I have been down some dark roads with my health, but I’ve always dug deep to find the strength within myself to come back even stronger. It is my goal to share my story with other women to help empower them to take their health into their own hands and turn it around.
- What is your beauty mantra? I AM RESILIENT
- What do you hope your look communicates to the world? I hope that my look conveys strength, courage, and the will to keep fighting through difficulties in life. I want it to communicate that women are capable of handling life’s obstacles and instead of them bringing you down, they can make you better and more beautiful!
- What is your favorite fantastic face feature? My favorite facial feature is my eyes. I love that they are a mysterious color and that so much depth lies behind them! I like to use different shadows to bring out the various colors within them.
- What Gia Minerals clean beauty products were used to enhance your favorite features? I used Sparkle Sizzling Bronze on my eyelids and Sunlit Brown Shadow blended into the crease and smudged under the lower lashline. I also used the Natural Lash Mascara, which is amazing to bring length and volume to my lashes. I used Stunning Blush on my cheeks and Candlelight Luminizer on my cheek bones to give my face some serious glow! And finally, I am wearing Naked Kiss Lipstick for a beautiful nude, natural lip.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? My favorite thing about myself is my ability to empathize with others. Although my illness have been hard to live with, it has given me a deep compassion for others.
- What is your favorite beauty trick? My favorite beauty trick is to run the mascara wand through my upper lashes on the top side of the lashes and brush them backwards towards my face. This helps them to look darker and fuller, while curling them up at the same time!
- What advice do you give women to purify negative thoughts about their flaws and embrace their uniqueness? I advise women to look inside themselves and see the beauty that lies within. It isn’t their body that makes them beautiful, it’s their heart and soul. A warm and kind heart could never be ugly. Beyond that, we are all so unique. There is only one of each of us in this world. So, I like to spend my time being the best version of myself because no one else can be that. When you look at other women and see how uniquely beautiful they are, remember that someone else is looking at you and thinking the same thing. <3
You can find my beauty mantra products on the Gia Minerals website here. Be sure to check out all of their beautiful products. They also have skincare which I’m dying to use next! You can use code KELLY15 to get 15% off of your order! While you are stocking up on some better beauty, try creating your own beauty mantra and instilling some positive thoughts about how uniquely gorgeous you are! 🙂