Hey, guys! Happy Wellness Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week and feeling awesome. I’ve been really excited to share this post with you because it’s something that has been really helpful to me and I hope that it might help you, too. As you might have guessed from the title of this post, yes, it’s celery juice! It probably sounds disgusting to most, but I promise you, it’s not as bad as you might think. I actually find the taste to be much milder compared to a lot of other green juices I have tried. So, stick with me! I’m going to share some benefits that might just entice you to give it a shot!
Why Am I Drinking Celery Juice?
First, I wanted to tell you why I’m drinking it. A couple of years ago, after my Lyme Disease laser treatment that worked so wonderfully for me, I was doing another protocol for parasites. We all have them. Don’t panic. But, if you have Lyme or chronic illness of another kind, you probably have more of them then you’d like to know. I found this out and it wasn’t pretty, haha! So, I was working with Dr. Todd Watts on a parasite protocol, when my stomach started to blow up! Something in killing those parasites made my gut very unhappy which led to my bladder flaring up horribly. It felt like a stabbing, extremely painful UTI. But, it did not go away with my usual UTI treatments, and I ended up being in pain for 9 months straight! I have had bladder problems for most of my life, and I’d been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (aka Painful Bladder Syndrome) about four months prior to this flare-up, but had gotten the pain mostly under control within a couple of weeks. This time was so much different.
IC is a very painful condition of the bladder. It is diagnosed as IC because western medicine traditional tests cannot detect any infection. The white blood cell counts are off, but they can’t find the source of the problem. So, they slap you with the label “IC” and send you off with no help. Sound familiar? Pretty much how everything goes with every chronic illness. I was in HELL and was desperately looking for answers. I spent 7 months searching for them and tried everything under the sun. I finally came across the Medical Medium protocol after hearing from other women that a raw fruit and vegetable liquid diet helped them get into remission. I jumped in full throttle and within 2 months, I was out of pain! Then, just this past New Year’s Day, my bladder flared up again! As you can imagine, I have been devastated because I never want to go through an excruciating nine months’ worth of horrific pain like that ever again. It was torturous. So many women live their entire lives in that pain. It’s unreal. So, I picked up my Medical Medium protocol again (I probably should never have abandoned it in the first place) and got to work on detoxing out whatever is going on in my body causing this pain. I can tell you that within the first 24 hours I noticed a change, and within ten days I am experiencing mostly pain-free days already. My hope is to continue to heal so that this never comes back again!
Since discovering the Medical Medium’s protocols, I quickly learned that celery juice would not only help my IC, but it helps so many other conditions, too! I have had Lyme, Autoimmune Disease, Gastritis, Endometriosis, Fibroids, EBV, Mold Toxicity, Adrenal Fatigue, Hormone Imbalance, Migraines, etc, etc, etc… So, if celery juice can help treat and prevent these conditions, by all means, I am here for trying it out!
The Benefits of Drinking Celery Juice
One of the biggest parts of the protocol is drinking celery juice every morning on an empty stomach. There are lots of benefits to this and I’m going to go over them here with you. You can still reap these benefits even if you don’t do the full protocol! It’s great for everyone, no matter what kind of diet you follow. Here’s why…
- Helps fight Autoimmune Disease: This might blow a lot of people’s minds, but I don’t believe that autoimmune disease is your body “attacking itself”. I may refer to this at times, but that is only because that’s what I was initially told by my western medicine practitioners. Since then, I learned that I had Lyme Disease, EBV, mold, and the strep virus active in my body the entire time that my autoimmune disease was active. I don’t for a second think that my body just one day decided to attack my liver. I know in my gut and my bones that these other pathogens were behind the reason why I got so sick with the autoimmune disease in the first place. I have said that for years. Then, I found the Medical Medium and he agrees! Don’t fall victim to believing that your body is against you and hurting you. It’s not. It’s under attack. It’s not attacking itself. So, that being said, celery juice helps clear out those pathogens that CAUSE autoimmune disease! Celery Juice has sodium cluster salts that can break down and flush out pathogens. So, whether you are sick with autoimmune, have the flu, or a cold, a UTI, or cancer, celery juice will help eliminate those pathogens that are making you sick!
- Helps Flush Toxins out of the Liver: “Celery juice’s sodium cluster salts bind onto neurotoxins, dermatoxins, & other viral waste, as well as troublemakers, & draw them out of the liver.” – Medical Medium Well, this is great news! I don’t think we realize how many toxins we encounter on a daily basis. They’re in the air, in our soil where our food grows, added to our foods, everything we touch, etc. Toxins in our bodies make and keep us sick. So, detoxing and flushing them out is essential to our health!
- Kills EBV (Mono) & Shingles: ” The white blood cells of the liver’s personalized immune system add the cluster salts to their cell membrane coatings, making them toxic to viruses.” – Medical Medium Did you know that a common reason we have thyroid problems and chronic fatigue is that we have the mono virus or other viruses such as shingles living at undetectable levels in our organs? Yep, they are tough ones to eradicate. Just ask Justin Bieber! Once you have it, you always have it. But, with help, you can get these viral loads down to where you are no longer symptomatic.
- Helps Get Rid of Strep Bacteria: Strep is another common pathogen that is in our bodies wreaking havoc and no one ever knows about it – until you read the Medical Medium or this post! I’ve found this to be very true. I have had in-depth testing done by alternative practitioners and sure enough I have strep in my body, especially in the bladder. Like I said earlier, once I started drinking celery juice every day, the pain subsided. Coincidence?? I don’t think so. The Medical Medium says that strep is behind conditions like UTIs, IC, acne, yeast infections, SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overload), and many more!
- Helps to Repair Stomach Acid and Liver Bile Flow: As we age our bodies produce less and less hydrochloric acid (HCl), which is stomach acid that help breakdown our foods and aid in digestion, as well as kill off pathogens that enter our bodies through food. This is bad because when our digestion suffers, we get bloated, infections, malnutrition from poor absorption of vitamins and minerals, and our energy suffers because of it. Celery juice helps to rebuild our natural HCl and helps strengthen the liver, which helps our bile production. All very important!
- Critical for Chronic Acid Reflux: How many people do you know that have acid reflux? Probably a lot! So many people are on PPIs (proton pump inhibitors) which actually stop your body from producing it’s own HCl. I would not ever recommend taking these long term. So many bad side effects. But, when you have acid reflux, you have low HCl, higher load of pathogens like E. Coli and Strep, and a weakened liver because of all of this. Celery juice helps to rebuild the HCl, fight off the pathogens, and strengthen the liver!
- Helps Restore Adrenal Glands: Do you notice that you get frazzled by the end of the day? Super stressed out and feel like you can’t calm down? Wired but exhausted? You have an adrenal problem. The salt clusters in celery juice have sodium in them that helps to stabilize your adrenal glands so that they function optimally.
- Helps Fight SIBO and Bloating: As I mentioned above, celery juice helps to fight small intestinal bacterial overload which is often caused by strep. This can cause a lot of stomach bloating problems. If you feel bloated after you eat, have a lot of popping, gurgling, and rolling movement, it may be SIBO. It also helps with bloating by breaking down old rancid proteins and fats left in the small intestine! EW!
Celery juice also helps to lower inflammation, support weight loss, heal digestion, eczema, and psoriasis, fight infections, prevent UTIs, high blood pressure, and ulcers, lower cholesterol, and protect your liver health. It’s really a total body healing juice! That’s why I’m on board. I can tell a difference when I drink it versus when I don’t. So, give it a shot!
How To Make Celery Juice:
Here’s how I make mine:
- Buy ORGANIC fresh, celery. Each package of celery is one glass of juice. This is good to know because if you want to see the benefits of juicing celery, you should do it consecutively and you’ll want to stock up so you don’t run out. It’s important to get organic celery because you don’t want to be putting pesticides into your body that you’re trying to detox. Go to Aldi or Walmart to find affordable organic produce!
- Cut the ends off of the stock, then cut the celery in half so you have sticks that are 4-6 inches long. This helps them to go into the juicer easily and makes them easier to wash, too.
- WASH YOUR CELERY IN WATER AND IODINE! I cannot stress this enough. Water is not enough to clean your produce. Trust me. As someone with a compromised gut, I get infections so easily. When I first started I didn’t know any better and only washed my produce in water. I kept getting very sick, and I realized quickly that you can get salmonella and other pathogens from vegetables just as much as meat! My practitioner tells me to always wash all my produce in water with 10 drops of iodine. I use Lugol’s iodine which can be found at Amazon and I will link it below. Let it soak in the water 15-30 minutes. Then, rinse and you’re ready to juice!
- Load the celery into your juicer and juice at least 16 oz worth. I actually do more than this. I try to get 21 oz. I use an Omega juicer which I will link below. It works perfectly, I love it!
- Strain the fibers. After you have juiced your celery, get out a large glass and put a very tight strainer over top (tight meaning the holes are very tiny). Then, pour your juice into the glass through the strainer so that you don’t get any of the fibrous pulp. You only want the juice. This makes it easier for your body to digest and absorb than if there was all of the fiber in it as well.
- ENJOY! Bottoms up! It’s really not that bad. I don’t think it has much of a taste. But, try to get it down and get used to the taste.
- Wait 20 minutes before eating or drinking anything else.
- Reap the benefits! Keep going for several weeks and see how you start to feel!
You can also follow the infographic above to use a blender if you don’t have a juicer! It’s pretty simple. Remember to drink it on an empty stomach. It’s best to do first thing in the morning. But, if you don’t have time for that, just do it when you can. Later is better than never! I don’t always have time to wash my juicer, so I fill up my sink with water and soap and take apart my juicer pieces, toss them in the sink to soak, and wash it properly when I get home and have more time.
How Often and How Much Should I drink?
The Medical Medium recommends that you drink at least 16 oz a day. If you are in a bad situation like myself and have a lot of pain or are very, very ill, he suggests drinking 16-24 oz twice a day! I’ve done this and it does help me get relief faster.
I hope that you found this post informative and helpful! More importantly, I hope that it brings you healing. I’m always here for you if you have questions, need help, or just someone to chat with. I know how hard it is to be suffering every day, and having someone to talk to is so important. Make sure you have some support on your side because it’s just too hard of a battle to go alone. I’m a message away.
Below I have linked the Medical Medium’s books so you can read and learn more about these protocols. I would start with “Medical Medium” unless you know which organ is causing you problems. If you know you have thyroid or liver issues, by all means, grab those. But, if you want an overall explanation of his approach, check out “Medical Medium” and “Life Changing Foods”. His new book “Cleanse to Heal” is available for pre-order. I’ll definitely be getting that! All of his books include information on celery juice, but he has an entire book dedicated just to that if you’re mostly interested in that. I have not read that one, but I’m sure it’s great. He also has a podcast you can listen to on SoundCloud. I highly recommend listening to those if you are interested in finding out more. I’m also linking the iodine I use to wash my fruits and veggies and my Omega juicer!
If you try out the celery juice, please take a pic and tag me on social media! I’d love to see you rocking your new wellness routine. It helps me to stay inspired to keep creating content like this when I know that it has been beneficial to you! Thanks so much for reading guys. Have a great day and BE WELL!
medicalmedium.com, Medical Medium at. “10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice.” Medical Medium, 16 Jan. 2019, www.medicalmedium.com/blog/10-health-benefits-of-celery-juice.