Being on an anti-inflammatory diet for health reasons, or just wanting to eat clean to stay healthy, doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy some dessert, too! I’ve been to many a holiday gatherings where I’ve felt like everyone gets to indulge and I’m left to the dried out carrots on the mediocre veggie tray. You know which ones I’m talking about! When they’re all white and cracked after having sat our for several hours. NOT APPETIZING. So, over the years I’ve learned that if you want to enjoy the party like everyone else, you gotta bring your own desserts! Trust me, you’ll feel much more satisfied at the end of the meal when you have your own treat to indulge in, too. Plus, you get to show everyone at the party how eating healthy doesn’t mean you deprive yourself of delicious indulgences! You’re setting an example and hopefully inspiring others to change their eating habits, too.
These 4 Ingredient Pecan Pie bites are my current favorite! (Shout out to one of my bffs, Valerie, for the inspiration when she so kindly brought something similar to my house for a party! So thoughtful!) They are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, whole30, and paleo! They are so simple to make and seriously taste so ooey-gooey, you won’t even miss the pie! Plus, the ingredients are chock full of health benefits. Dates and pecans contain vital minerals like maganese, copper, potassium, iron, and calcium! They’re also rich Vitamin A, B, & E. Both dates and pecans have lots of fiber, anti-inflammatory properties, and dates can help fight infections. They both contain a high amount of anti-oxidants that help reduce inflammation in the body, making them great choices for people suffering from autoimmune or other chronic illnesses. They’re heart healthy, too! Coconut oil is also a heart healthy fat, known to raise the good HDL cholesterol. It is great brain food, helps to increase metabolism, and heal damaged tissues and organs! So really, this “dessert” is more like a powerful healing agent. No guilt here! 🙂 I seriously eat like 6 at time and feel good about it, lol.
Now, here’s the how to:
- 1 Pkg Organic Pitted Medjool Dates – I find a great little container at Whole Foods in the refrigerated, pre-cut fruit section
- 1 7oz container of Organic Pecans
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place desired amount of dates you want to make on a cookie tray. Slice them open on one side so you can stuff them.
- Add a tiny amount of coconut oil inside of each opened date. No more than 1/8 of a tsp. (You can also omit the oil for a plant-based treat! and it tastes just as delicious, just not as gooey)
- Sprinkle Pumpkin Pie spice over the dates.
- Smash up your pecans with a meat tenderizer. Depending upon how many dates you are using you can decide how many pecans you need. If it is a smaller batch you definitely won’t need the whole container.
- Stuff the dates with the pecans.
- Sprinkle a little more Pumpkin Pie Spice over the dates.
- Close the dates up.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, and enjoy! These taste great when completely, cooled, too! (I actually eat them raw, too and they’re so delicious that way as well!)
These are a great treat to take to any fall, Thanksgiving, or Christmas party! Everyone, whether they’re a clean eater or not will love them. Let me know what you think if you make them! Enjoy 🙂
I will making these! Thank you!
Awesome, let me know how you like them 🙂